Seeking Perfect Health
Spiritual Secrets To Staying Healthy by Sri Chinmoy
The comprehensive guide offering holistic secrets of physical and mental health as an integral part of a modern spiritual lifestyle
In today’s world, there is a deepening understanding that true health involves the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of our being. In this comprehensive book, meditation teacher Sri Chinmoy addresses the inner, holistic secrets of perfect health by considering the connection between mind and body, health and karma, the role and responsibility of doctors and healers, how to receive life energy from healthy diet and sleep, dealing with stress and depression, exercises for losing weight and overcoming insomnia, why is a healthy body important for spiritual practice and many other relevant topics.
The author shares detailed instructions and practical exercises and shows how meditation and the spiritual arts can help us tap into our inner source of life energy in order to harmonize all levels of our being.
A Fully Awakened Body | 11
- Physical fitness | 15
- Physical, subtle and causal bodies | 18
- The transformation of the body | 25
Seeking Perfect Health | 27
- Health and the law of karma | 29
- Thoughts and physical illness | 32
- Sickness and spiritual development | 34
- Overcoming pain and physical suffering | 40
- Healing injuries | 45
- Healing from a spiritual point of view | 49
- Healing with prayer and meditation | 54
- The medicine-doctor and the God-Doctor | 56
- Excerpts from University talks
- on health and medicine | 61
Healthy Nutrition, Diet and Cooking | 75
- Conscious cooking | 77
- Benefits of vegetarian diet | 85
- Food and consciousness | 96
- Losing weight and fasting | 99
The Bright and Clear Inner Weather | 109
- Mental and emotional balance | 111
- Balance | 112
- Psychic depression and vital depression | 115
- Taking on the world | 131
- Caring for others | 135
- The power of poise | 140
- Cultivating cheerfulness | 144
Healthy Sleep | 147
- How to get more rest while sleeping | 149
- Sleep and spiritual seekers | 151
- Overcoming fatigue | 155
- Sleep and spiritual development | 157
A Fountain of Limitless Energy | 163
- Dynamism and enthusiasm | 171
- Life-energy and spiritual energy | 177
New Adventures in Old Age | 185
- Meditation and Breathing Techniques | 205
- Fundamentals of meditation | 207
- Controlling the mind | 209
- Meditating in the heart | 213
- Breathing techniques | 216
The book in the nutshell:
- The comprehensive guide offering holistic secrets of physical and mental health as an integral part of a modern spiritual lifestyle.
- Caring for physical and mental health from the unique perspective of a spiritual Master.
- Author Sri Chinmoy is recognized as an internationally renowned spiritual leader and teacher of meditation.
- The topic fits well with the rapidly growing interest in meditation, mindfulness and yoga, which are now amongst the fastest growing areas of interest across all levels of society and are seen as positive, effective life skills.
Author, poet, musician and spiritual leader Sri Chinmoy is recognized as an authoritative and highly regarded teacher of meditation. For 37 years he was director of the non-denominational Peace Meditations at the United Nations in New York City. He wrote and lectured extensively on the topics of meditation, happiness, health and the spiritual foundations of peace in our modern world.