The Adventure of Life
On Yoga, meditation, and the art of living
by Sri Chinmoy
The Adventure of Life is a modern-day spiritual manual that guides us towards understanding the roots of anxiety and confusion, both on a personal level and in society today, and offers the practice of meditation as a tool to centre and harmonise our lives. It introduces us to a modern spiritual lifestyle with focus on health, diet, sport, family life and the workplace.
The book encourages the reader to embrace new ideas, adding a deeper, spiritual dimension to one’s life. In a clear and accessible way, Sri Chinmoy speaks about the spiritual art of living, society and religion as well as popular New Age topics such as chakras, occult powers and the end of the world. He explains the role of spirituality in the modern-day world and highlights the practical value of regular prayer and meditation practice.
‘Life is not boring to one who believes in adventure. Adventure does not mean that you have to climb up the tallest mountain. To allow new ideas, fresh ideas, healthy ideas to enter into your mind – that is adventure.’ – Sri Chinmoy
The Adventure of Life in a nutshell:
- A spiritual guide for the 21st century, easily accessible to conscious readers of all ages and social and religious backgrounds.
- Author Sri Chinmoy is recognized as an internationally renowned teacher of meditation.
- Facing the challenges of contemporary life from the unique perspective of an illumined spiritual Master.
- The book includes full-colour photographs and design features pleasing to the eye of the reader, making it suitable for gift-giving.
- It fits well with the rapidly growing interest in meditation, mindfulness and yoga, which are now amongst the fastest growing areas of interest across all levels of society and are seen as positive, effective life skills.
More information about the book and where to buy it on www.lifeadventure.net
Author Sri Chinmoy, a prolific writer, poet, artist and internationally renowned spiritual leader, is recognized throughout the world as one of the foremost meditation teachers of the modern era. For 37 years he was the director of the non-denominational Peace Meditations at the United Nations in New York.